Yoga for well-being and Yoga sport
3 - 10 week programs
Our 10 week programs have been designed to be of maximum benefit laying down foundations for a happy and healthy body, mind and spirit, however, they can be tailor made to accommodate the needs of your school.
"Ready the body and mind for learning"
Using the body to focus and calm the mind, yoga directly affects the nervous system helping to balance and more productively channel energy.
Some of the recognised benefits of yoga include:
- Supports neuromuscular-development
- Promotes development of the vestibular system
- Supports motor development on both sides of the body; encourages midline crossing motions
- Develops a strong and flexible body
- Increases balance, body awareness and coordination
- Improves posture
- Improves the digestion, circulatory and immune system
- Relaxes the body, promoting better sleep
- Calms and clears the mind
- Relieves tension and stress
- Increases concentration, focus and attention span
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Balances energy
- Builds confidence and self-esteem
- Promotes resilience and emotional intelligence
- Develops self-control
- Supports self-expression
- Inspires respect for self and others
Yoga improves the mind/body connection, encourages a healthy lifestyle and promotes an overall sense of well-being.
Benefits of Yoga in the School Setting
- Students learn healthy ways to balance their emotions
- Promotes a calm but alert mental and energetic state - ideal for learning
- Helps to anchor students into the present moment
- Provides a safe non-competitive environment that encourages a sense of connectedness within the classroom
- Offers beneficial brain breaks throughout the day
- Eases anxiety and tension
- Enhances focus, concentration and memory
- Encourages self-reflection
- Supports social and emotional learning
- Improves confidence and self-esteem
- Encourages respect for oneself and others
Our 2 yoga programs have been specifically designed to fit in with the curriculum.
Yoga for Wellbeing
We include mindfulness of thoughts and feelings, and the components of heartfulness - gratitude, kindness and empathy.
Physically we gradually build the students strength, stability and flexibility, supporting them to challenge themselves through developing greater body awareness and confidence. We introduce breathing techniques that help to balance energy levels, meditation and relaxation.
Our programs are fully adaptable to meet the needs of your school.
Yoga for Sports
Intelligently created programs incorporating the latest in sports science regarding strengthening, stretching and stabilising muscles and joints of growing bodies. Combined with Mindfulness for sport to reduce anxiety and improve focus.
Learn why top athletes turn to yoga and mindfulness to help them stay on top of their game.